Must have heard people dying from overconsumption of alcohol? Well, it is all due to the poison we drink and that too more than the normal body alcohol content BAL which leads to the depression of the involuntary actions such as breathing and gag reflex that helps in prevent choking, so during overdosing of alcohol, the person will eventually stop breathing! It will affect vital functions like heart rate, body temperature, breathing by depressing them.
The liver can only process only one serving per hour. So when you consume more than 1 serving/hour, ethanol content in the alcohol intoxicates the liver by accumulating ethanol in the bloodstream by slowing down its metabolism. Ethanol is metabolized to acetaldehyde by alcohol dehydrogenase and then it gets converted into acetic acid during intake of alcohol within normal BAL but whenever their overconsumption of alcohol beyond the normal range of BAL, acetaldehyde gets accumulated in the liver and then the initial symptoms of alcohol starts appearing like diarrhea, blurring of vision and abdominal pain. Other causes include: