The exact cause is unknown but according to the school of thought, the cause is a mixture of changes in the brain and environment stress, genetics, past family history with mental disorders.
It will depend on the type of anxiety :
- PANIC DISORDER: causes recurrent episodes of panic attacks triggered by unknown reason with constant fear for the next attack.
- SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER: causes extreme detachment to run away from social groups, situations which can sometimes be associated with fear of judgment by others.
- PHOBIA: causes unknown fear and anxiety of a specific object, situations, place, activity.
- HEALTH ANXIETY DISORDER: causes extreme anxiety about your health by constant fear and anxiety to go to the doctor even when you are fine.
- GENERALIZED ANXIETY DISORDER: causes generalized fear and worry, nightmares, unable to sleep, increased heart rate, trouble in concentration, restlessness all the time with unknown reasons.
Some of the common symptoms include:
- Faint or dizziness
- Numbness and tingling
- It can be confirmed by the symptoms, past family history and complete psychological evaluation by the psychiatrist.
- MANAGING STRESS: can be helpful to reduce potential triggers than can anxiety by listing things which can cause anxiety-like organizing pressure -related work, taking rest in between work, organizing everything beforehand can all reduce stress.
- PSYCHOTHERAPY: by changing harmful and negative thought of worry and fear to positive thoughts by using cognitive behavioral therapy.
- COMMUNICATION: is a very effective step to talk out your fears to your families and friends to reduce stress.
- MEDICATIONS: include anti-depressants, benzodiazepines, beta-blockers.