What are the Symptoms of Binge Eating
There are some of the most apparent symptoms which can come over to you when you are having an episode of binge eating disorder. If you are overweight or morbidly obese, then it is a clue for you to stop on the binge eating and have a compelling diet to make sure that you get better.
However, there are tons of behavioral changes which are conducted and related to an assessment of binge eating. Take a look at the following and know, for instance.
- You eat an unusually large amount of food all the time.
- You eat all the time, does not depend on whether you are just hungry and full.
- Eating rapidly during the binge episodes and then indulging on the comfort foods more.
- Eating on unlit, you are full.
- Eating alone so that stress and anxiety do not get to you.
- Feeling that you have eating behavior, which is out of your control.
- Feeling depressed about your mental health and always having body issues to deal with.
- Experiencing depression and anxiety all the time.
- Feeling isolated and getting it challenging to conduct how you feel to someone.
- Losing and gaining weight repeatedly all the time when you binge eat.
If you notice that you have primary symptoms and causes of binge eating, it is better than you speak to your doctor about the same. It will help you to seek proper treatment.
What are the Causes of Binge Eating
There are unknown causes of binge eating but most importantly, if you are facing anxiety and depression all the time, then you can binge eat a lot. Doctors have said that long term abuses and ill mental health can be the leading causes for the functioning of binge eating for yourself. It is essential that you keep a check on the purposes and make sure that you understand what triggers the form of binge eating in you. This way, you will understand the primary reason for it and can even tell your doctors about the same.
Here are the risk factors which can be complicated with the usage of binge eating.
- First of all, if you have a family history and biological factors, then it can be bad for you. This means that if you are more likely to binge eat if you are facing some pressure from your family and if you have other siblings as well. There are brain chemicals which are changed when you binge eat, and there are family matters attached to it.
- Psychological issues can be risked when you are binge eating a lot. This implies that most people who are binge eating all the time are overweight and have appearance issues. This is the main reason why they feel so wrong and low about themselves. Since they are overweight and have a binge eating disorder, it is their prime reason that they don't have a behavior control on the same.
- Many people who are binge eating now have been subjected to the episodes of dieting. It is the prime reason why people binge eats a lot, and they have been subjected to some eating disorder back in their childhood, and the symptoms match the same for that.
There are tons of complications which can happen due to binge eating. These are the following.
- Mental stress and disorder.
- Suicidal thoughts.
- High blood pressure all the time.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- High cholesterol.
- Gallbladder diseases and stones with digestive issues and problems.
- Appearance problem.
- Joint pain.
- Muscle pain.
- Chest pain.
- Menstrual problems for girls.
Here are the ways through which you can treat away from the problems of binge eating.
- Firsts of all, make sure that you cultivate and reinforce a healthy image of your body.
- Talk with your pediatrician if your child is not eating at all. They are more likely to develop binge eating later.
- If you notice that your friends and your families are facing some issues with eating, then you can talk them out and help them.